Sunday, 12 March 2017

A Day In Dull-at

According to informed sources, Dalat is the Honeymoon Capital of the country (like Maui for the Nipponese), so you can imagine how excited I was to be heading there. And, boy! Did it live up to my expectations!

But first I had to get there. Mercifully, the road was rather pleasant and - dare I say it- scenic.

                      Look! Actual scenery!

To be perfectly honest, the only reason I was here, aside from a stopover between two pretty rides, was to stay at the Hotel du Parc, a lingering relic of the French halcyon years. Being somewhat of an anachronism myself, I'm a complete sucker for nostalgia, particularly the faded European kind.



Ooh la la! You can almost see Maurice Chevalier strolling through the lobby, non?






And...that's about it. Oh no, wait! They also have a banana-shaped lake and a cookie-cutter market. And by the way, the creatures in the red basket are live toads. Yum!

Next episode: Bungle in the Jungle

No comments:

Post a Comment